Durable Medical Device & Pharmaceutical Packaging for Demanding Applications
Tyvek® 1073B provides the highest level of protection, making it the ideal choice for medical device and pharmaceutical packaging that requires high strength and superior microbial barrier.
DuPontTM Tyvek® 1073B has the highest strength of all Tyvek® styles for medical device and pharmaceutical packaging.
High-Strength Protection for High-Risk Products
Made of high-density polyethylene (HDPE), Tyvek® offers exceptional protection against damage for sharp or heavy products, outperforming more fragile alternative materials, such as medical-grade paper. Its strength helps Tyvek® 1073B protect and maintain the sterility of high-risk medical products, such as artificial hips and heart valves.
In addition, Tyvek® 1073B is compatible with a broad range of manufacturing and sterilization processes, and is a superior microbial barrier, to help preserve sterility during both shipping and storage.
Tyvek® 1073B provides a range of advantages for medical device manufacturers. These include:
• High durability to withstand impact during shipping and storage.
• A superior microbial barrier that helps medical packaging start sterile and stay sterile.
• Compatibility with many sterilization processes.
• Clean peel and low risk of packaging contamination.
• Production under ISO 14001, offering recyclability and support of sustainability programs.
• Reliable, high-quality supply
Unlike other materials, Tyvek® 1073B and all Tyvek® styles for medical device packaging are compatible with the most common methods of sterilization, giving medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers greater flexibility. These include:
• Ethylene Oxide (EO)
• Steam (under controlled conditions)
• Low temperature oxidative
To meet growing global demand and ensure continuity and flexibility of future supply, DuPont is transitioning manufacturing of Tyvek® 1073B to production lines using the latest flash-spinning technology.
Learn more about medical packaging transition .
Read more about Tyvek® medical and pharmaceutical packaging specification properties.