Collaborative Solutions From DuPont Performance Polymers
DuPont is a leader in thermoplastics, elastomers, finished parts and biopolymers, combining groundbreaking material science with global access.
At DuPont Performance Polymers, we are working with customers to make things better. From products and processes that work better to innovations that help make business and society better.
We tackle big challenges where performance really matters, including finding renewable polymer feedstocks sourced from non-food biomass and other means to reduce dependence on fossil fuel. Our work supports more sustainable mobility, through automotive fuel efficiency, improved production in manufacturing operations, robust connections for personal communications as well as progressive design in healthcare and furnishings.
As the company that invented Nylon, Neoprene, and Kevlar®, DuPont has a deep commitment to research and development that continues today. DuPont is a global collaborator acting locally, with technical support focused in 65 countries, and manufacturing facilities strategically placed across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
Respiratory Drug Unit Dose Packaging
DuPont™ 20 series resins are proven for use in unit dose packaging for medications used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma and listed in FDA Drug Master Files.
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- Lighter Engine Cover Components
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
- Automotive Sustainable Fibers
Salonpas Foil Packaging
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. uses DuPont™ Surlyn® in its foil packaging to prevent delamination caused by the active ingredients in its Salonpas pain relief patch.
Hub Bushings For Copiers
Hub bushings designed using DuPont™ Vespel® and Minlon® keep copiers running smoothly.
- Cost-effective photovoltaic junction box housings
- Zytel® HTN for Electronic Devices
- High Flex Cable for Bridges
- Polymers for Better Injection Devices
- Durable Rail Pads for Freight Lines
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Inventing the Future of Plastics
DuPont discoveries have continually reshaped the plastics industry, from Neoprene to Nylon, to a series of innovative plastics, including the high-performance, renewably-sourced choices available today.
Heat Resistant Plastics
DuPont offers a wide range of heat resistant plastics to replace metal, ceramics and other polymers in uses from automotive engines to oil and gas production.
- Polymer Technology
Powerplant Coolant Systems
PPA materials offer great resistance to hydrolysis and moisture and they are relied upon for cost effective applications such as water inlets/outlets, thermostat housings, water pumps and impellers
Innovation Centers Featuring Polymers
DuPont Performance Polymers brings global knowledge to local application development at innovation center facilities located in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
- Flame Retardant Polymers
- Acetal Gears Demonstrate Drivetrain Performance
- Delrin® in Solar Tracker Bearings
- Solar Junction Box Materials
- Trends in Photovoltaic Production
- Sorona® Life Cycle Assessment
- High Performance Polymers
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Medical Device Materials
- Chassis suspension Systems
- Automotive Air Ducts and Turbocharger Hoses
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
- Electronic & Electrical Connectors
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems
- Window Regulator Lifterplate Applications from Delrin®
- Polymers for Oil and Gas
- Mechanical Gears
- Cable Insulation and Jacketing