DuPont™ Nomex® KD – Innovative Spunlaced Technology for Hot Gas Filtration
For over four decades, a filter media made of DuPont™ Nomex® brand fibre has been considered as the leading edge product in typical filtration applications such as asphalt production and cement clinker coolers.
In order to better serve these industries worldwide, DuPont has developed a new filter media: DuPont™ Nomex® KD spunlaced.
This innovative special blend of DuPont™ Nomex® and DuPont™ Kevlar® fibres combined with hydro entanglement process (spunlaced technology) significantly helps increase the surface area of the filter media. This consequently helps improve filtration efficiency up to 65%.
In addition, filter media structure helps allow easier dust cake release and also reduces jet cleaning frequency, leading to operating energy cost saving and extended bag life.
- Up to 65% better filtration efficiency and 18% lighter filter weight
- Enhanced filtration of particles less than 2.5 micron
- Potential to reduce operating energy cost
- Potential to reduce material cost
- High dimensional stability for longer durability and bag life
- Improved spark resistance resulting in reduced break open effect
- Keeps dust cake more at the surface
- Continuous operating temperature up to 200°C, with short peaks up to 240°C
Product Data Sheets (1)
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Nomex® for Hot Gas Filtration
DuPont™ Nomex® spunlaced filter helps to dramatically reduce lead particle emissions in a glass industry production filter.
Nomex® Brand Filtration Quality Partner Programme
The DuPont™ Nomex® Brand Filtration Quality Partner Programme is a carefully-selected network of EMEA customer-oriented felt producers and bag manufacturers whose felt/bags pass stringent quality control of DuPont and who are empowered to provide ideal products and services to asphalt, cement and metal industries.
Hot Gas Filtration Cement Industry
In the cement industry, DuPont™ Nomex® KD helps provide better filtration and dust retention, with greater reliability at lower energy and material costs.