Reducing the Risks: Chemical Protective Clothing
Sometimes, the biggest threats to worker safety are the ones you can’t see. That’s why DuPont develops innovative chemical protective clothing that helps protect wearers from dangerous vapours, liquids and particles.
With three powerful brands and a wide range of garments and accessories, DuPont offers a proven, cost-effective garment solution for almost every chemical protective clothing application.
DuPont™ Tyvek® coveralls are popular across a wide range of industries, where they help provide reliable protection against a broad range of hazards including lead, asbestos,
DuPont™ Tychem® garments help provide protection from chemical and biological hazards. The Tychem® range has been independently permeation-tested with over 180 chemicals.
DuPont™ ProShield® garments are engineered for applications that require lower levels of protection. Recently DuPont has introduced ProShield® 20 SFR, a limited-flame-spread coverall designed as a disposable overgarment that helps protect primary flame-resistant clothing worn underneath.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Industrial Protective Clothing
- Chemical Protection
- Oil and Gas Personal Protective Equipment
- Chemical and Biological Hazard Protection
- Industrial Safety
- Personal Protection in Agriculture
- Chemical Protection for Military and Police
- Decontamination and Remediation
- Personal Protection in the Petrochemical and Chemical Industry
- Nuclear Protective Clothing
- Bodyshop - Personal Protective Equipment
- Food Processing Personal Protective Equipment
- Merck protecting staff with new DuPont™ Tychem® 6000 F FaceSeal chemical protective garment
- Energiewerke Nord GmbH has been relying on protective coveralls made from DuPont™ Tyvek® for over ten years
- DuPont™ Tyvek® provides a legacy of protection at Severfield Reeve
At Toulouse-Blagnac, AIRBUS uses DuPont Tyvek®/Tychem® coveralls to help protect workers during paint spraying, aircraft maintenance and inspections.
- Protecting workers at Severfield steelworks is no sweat with DuPont™ Tyvek®
- DuPont garments protect sanitation workers from multiple safety risks
- Dow's Stade chemical site has been using DuPont Personal Protection chemical protection garments for over ten years
Ledoux & Tyvek® Coveralls
Purchasing Managers from the French Groupe Ledoux explain why they selected Tyvek® coveralls to protect their workforce.
Crime Scene Protection with DuPont Tyvek®
For over 40 years, DuPont has worked with emergency services the world over to help provide protective clothing solutions, e.g. at crime scenes.
Altona Ambulance Service Uses Tychem® F to Protect from Pathogens
Altona Ambulance Service turns to Tychem® F as a bio-barrier against highly contagious pathogens.
Tychem® Helps Protect Workers at Fertiliser Producer AB Lifosa
Lithuanian phosphoric fertiliser producer AB Lifosa uses DuPont protective clothing Tychem® to help keep employees protected and comfortable.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Keeping superbugs at bay
The Ebola crisis and the escalating fight against untreatable bacterial and viral diseases show no signs of abating and point towards a new level of risk for paramedics and other emergency responders.
Cleanroom Protection with Tyvek® Clothing
Effective combination of personal and product protection in a Cleanroom.
DuPont introduces DuPont™ Tyvek® 800 J limited-use coverall
A+A 2013 marks the market launch of the new Tyvek® 800 J coverall by DuPont, the specialists in innovative body protection.
New DuPont™ Tychem® Garments Offer Improved Hazard Protection and Comfort
DuPont has added more innovations to its protective garment range with enhanced design features that offer improved personal protection while ensuring comfort and ease of movement for the wearer.
- Virus hunters search for the next deadly disease outbreak wearing Tyvek® coveralls
New packaging concept for DuPont™ Tyvek® 500 Xpert can help reduce greenhouse gas emissions
DuPont™ Tyvek® 500 Xpert Eco-Pack can have a significantly reduced impact on the environment when compared to its standard packaging format.
DuPont™ Tyvek® 800 J protective garment increases the safety and comfort of operators at S.G.A.-J.Meyer
Sanitation and cleaning operations on site involve risks for the operators. In accordance with its safety procedures, S.G.A.-J. Meyer recently called on DuPont to replace all its protective clothing, opting for the new DuPont™ Tyvek® 800 J garment.
"DuPont unveils single layer, triple-threat protection garment Tychem® ThermoPro at A+A 2015"
A+A 2015 marks the introduction of DuPont™ Tychem® ThermoPro, a new single layer, triple-threat protection garment from DuPont Protection Technologies.
- Tyvek® 800J for breathable liquid-tight protection
- The Tychem® difference
- DuPont™ SafeSPEC™ - facilitating garment selection
Donning and Doffing
Learn more about the correct procedures for the donning and doffing of personal protective coveralls.