Reducing the Risks: Chemical Protective Clothing
Sometimes, the biggest threats to worker safety are the ones you can’t see. That’s why DuPont develops innovative chemical protective clothing that helps protect wearers from dangerous vapours, liquids and particles.
With three powerful brands and a wide range of garments and accessories, DuPont offers a proven, cost-effective garment solution for almost every chemical protective clothing application.
DuPont™ Tyvek® coveralls are popular across a wide range of industries, where they help provide reliable protection against a broad range of hazards including lead, asbestos,
DuPont™ Tychem® garments help provide protection from chemical and biological hazards. The Tychem® range has been independently permeation-tested with over 180 chemicals.
DuPont™ ProShield® garments are engineered for applications that require lower levels of protection. Recently DuPont has introduced ProShield® 20 SFR, a limited-flame-spread coverall designed as a disposable overgarment that helps protect primary flame-resistant clothing worn underneath.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Industrial Protective Clothing
- Chemical Protection
- Oil and Gas Personal Protective Equipment
- Chemical and Biological Hazard Protection
- Industrial Safety
- Personal Protection in Agriculture
- Chemical Protection for Military and Police
- Personal Protection in the Petrochemical and Chemical Industry
- Nuclear Protective Clothing
- Industrial Cleaning Services
- Decontamination and Remediation
- Cleanroom Applications
- Merck protecting staff with new DuPont™ Tychem® 6000 F FaceSeal chemical protective garment
- Energiewerke Nord GmbH has been relying on protective coveralls made from DuPont™ Tyvek® for over ten years
- DuPont™ Tyvek® provides a legacy of protection at Severfield Reeve
At Toulouse-Blagnac, AIRBUS uses DuPont Tyvek®/Tychem® coveralls to help protect workers during paint spraying, aircraft maintenance and inspections.
- ELAN chooses DuPont™ Tyvek® to stay on the safe side
- Protecting workers at Severfield steelworks is no sweat with DuPont™ Tyvek®
- DuPont garments protect sanitation workers from multiple safety risks
- Dow's Stade chemical site has been using DuPont Personal Protection chemical protection garments for over ten years
Ledoux & Tyvek® Coveralls
Purchasing Managers from the French Groupe Ledoux explain why they selected Tyvek® coveralls to protect their workforce.
Crime Scene Protection with DuPont Tyvek®
For over 40 years, DuPont has worked with emergency services the world over to help provide protective clothing solutions, e.g. at crime scenes.
Altona Ambulance Service Uses Tychem® F to Protect from Pathogens
Altona Ambulance Service turns to Tychem® F as a bio-barrier against highly contagious pathogens.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Keeping superbugs at bay
The Ebola crisis and the escalating fight against untreatable bacterial and viral diseases show no signs of abating and point towards a new level of risk for paramedics and other emergency responders.
DuPont introduces DuPont™ Tyvek® 800 J limited-use coverall
A+A 2013 marks the market launch of the new Tyvek® 800 J coverall by DuPont, the specialists in innovative body protection.
New DuPont™ Tychem® Garments Offer Improved Hazard Protection and Comfort
DuPont has added more innovations to its protective garment range with enhanced design features that offer improved personal protection while ensuring comfort and ease of movement for the wearer.
New packaging concept for DuPont™ Tyvek® 500 Xpert can help reduce greenhouse gas emissions
DuPont™ Tyvek® 500 Xpert Eco-Pack can have a significantly reduced impact on the environment when compared to its standard packaging format.
DuPont™ Tyvek® 800 J protective garment increases the safety and comfort of operators at S.G.A.-J.Meyer
Sanitation and cleaning operations on site involve risks for the operators. In accordance with its safety procedures, S.G.A.-J. Meyer recently called on DuPont to replace all its protective clothing, opting for the new DuPont™ Tyvek® 800 J garment.
- Tyvek® 800J for breathable liquid-tight protection
- DuPont turns up the heat at A+A 2015
New DuPont™ Tychem® 4000 S disposable coverall for comfortable and effective protection
Dusseldorf, 5 November 2013. DuPont, specialists in innovative body protection, is introducing at A+A 2013 a new Tychem® coverall that provides a new alternative for workers seeking safe and comfortable protection in more demanding applications.
At A+A, DuPont will present new Type 3 chemical suits from its DuPont™ Tyvek® and DuPont™ Tychem® portfolios as well as innovative heat & flame and arc protective solutions made with DuPont™ Nomex®
Because Tyvek® Makes the Difference
Touch any garment from the comprehensive DuPont ™ Tyvek® product range and you immediately notice the difference. Antistatically-treated Tyvek® is a unique and versatile material that is tough and exceptionally low-linting, yet extremely light and soft. It is permeable to air and water vapour, yet repels water-based liquids and aerosols, as well as fine particles and fibres.
Professor Tytonius & Tyvek® Protection
DuPont introduces Professor Victor Tytonius, the cyber scientist who specialises in worker protection and chemical protective clothing and materials.
- DuPont™ SafeSPEC™ - facilitating garment selection