Better, Stronger and Safer with Kevlar® Fiber
It’s about daring bigger, pushing limits, being courageous, and helping keep people safe —DuPont™ Kevlar®.
DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid fiber allows people to Dare Bigger. It’s used to make a variety of clothing, accessories, and equipment safe and cut resistant. It’s lightweight, durable and extraordinarily strong. Yes, it’s best known for its use in ballistic and stab-resistant body armor, as Kevlar® brand aramid fiber continues to evolve and allow heroes to be heroes. But it’s also on the ski slopes, the switchback trails, in demanding desert terrain, even the outer limits of space.
Invented almost 50 years ago, DuPont™ Kevlar® continues to take on new challenges, with our scientists continuously innovating and working on a range of new opportunities through collaborations with communities, industrial manufacturers, and governments. Together we’re bringing the strength, durability and performance of Kevlar® to new frontiers. Kevlar® aramid fiber is pushing boundaries and defying obstacles every day. Kevlar® is allowing everyone to Dare Bigger™.
- Bold Brand Campaign for DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks-Off with ESPN X Games
- DuPont Announces Millionth Vest Made with DuPont™ Kevlar® XP™
- DuPont Protection Technologies Announces 2015 Winners of DuPont™ Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
- DuPont and Reebok Collaborate on New Reebok CrossFit® Collection
- Fiber-Line Introduces New Cable Offering
Techplast Wins EMEA DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Award
DuPont Protection Technologies is pleased to announce the winner of the 2012 DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Awards. This year’s EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) award was bestowed to Techplast, a company based in Poland, for their innovative use of Kevlar® in SAFER® ultra-light composite cylinders.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Industrial Protective Clothing
- Tactical Vests – Law Enforcement
- Automotive Components Reinforcements
- Personal Electronics
- Ballistic Helmets
- Military Body Armour
- Vehicle Armour
- Consumer Products made with Kevlar®
- Safe and durable protective motorcycle apparel
- Conveyor Belts for Mining
- Aerospace, Marine, & Rail
- Kevlar® for stronger Brake Pads, Clutches and Gaskets
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Industrial Gloves made with Kevlar®
- Kevlar® XP™ technology for Soft Armor
- Nomex® & Kevlar® Firefighter Apparel
- Belts made with Kevlar® K29 AP
- Nomex® IIIA
- Nomex® MTP
- Nomex® Comfort
- Kevlar® Fibers
- Kevlar® Stretch Armor Technology
- Kevlar® Cut Technology
- Kevlar® AS (Anti Stab) Solutions for Multi Threat Protection
- Kevlar® IC for Impact Control
DuPont and Paul Boyé Technologies, Partners in Quality
To meet the requirements of the French Ministry of Defence, French manufacturer of uniforms, combat gear and PPE Paul Boyé Technologies chose the latest innovation developed by DuPont: Kevlar® Impact Control (IC) 600D.
Centigon Armours Vehicles with Kevlar®
Centigon, the global leader in vehicle armouring, uses the aramid fibre DuPont™ Kevlar® for new armoured vehicle programmes with Renault Trucks, Land Rover and Jaguar.
Aegis Designs Vest for the Humanitarian Sector Using Kevlar® XP
Aegis, the body amour specialist, has designed a vest specifically to address the needs of the humanitarian sector. It incorporates the renowned fibre Kevlar® XP made by DuPont and provides tactical, overt protection.
New Search & Rescue Safety Glove from SEIZ
60,000 members of THW Technisches Hilfswerk (German Urban Search and Rescue Association) are better protected thanks to the new safety glove manufactured by SEIZ that incorporates DuPont™ Kevlar® and DuPont™ Nomex® fibres.
E-Tracer® made with Kevlar®
DuPont™ Kevlar® decided to sponsor the innovative battery powered vehicle called the E-Tracer®.
Fuel Hose & Tubing Solutions
Products from DuPont, including DuPont™ Viton®, DuPont™ Teflon®, DuPont™ Kevlar®, and DuPont™ Hypalon®, help improve F200 fuel hose and tubing performance, for proven gains in permeation resistance in automobiles.