Tyvek™ Air Cargo Covers Pharmaceutical Technical Study
Evaluate the performance of Tyvek™ Air Cargo Cover to protect simulated Controlled Room Temperature pharmaceutical product through a simulated route in which the product is exposed to solar radiation and both hot and cold ambient extremes.
- Test sample – Euro sized pallet protected with a low emissivity Tyvek® Air Cargo Cover
- Control sample – Euro sized pallet with no protection, current case
- Pallet configuration – 18 boxes (15” x 15” x 15”) stacked 3W x 2D x 3H
- Low-to-medium thermal mass (110 liters water, liqui-packs). Simulated product – saline-filled vials.
- Temperature probes inserted into vials.
- 7 data loggers (21 temperature probes) were installed per pallet at typical excursion spots.
- Please see second image on left
- ZERO temperature excursions with Tyvek® vs TWO excursions for Control sample
- 10°C (18°F) reduction in peak temperatures on tarmac in summer conditions vs control
- 6°C (11°F) improvement in peak temperatures on tarmac in winter conditions vs control
- Tyvek™ Air Cargo Cover moderates rate of heating and cooling of product vs control
- NO excursions despite 3 hour exposures to solar radiation + hot and cold ambient extremes
- Tyvek™ Air Cargo Cover prevented the product from freezing (while control did not)
Tyvek™ Air Cargo Covers provide excellent “all-in-one” protection from solar radiation AND ambient extremes (hot and cold), helping you conserve your stability budget.
All technical information set out herein is provided free of charge and is based on technical data which DuPont believes to be reliable. It is intended for use by persons having skill, at their own discretion and risk. The handling precaution information contained herein is given with the understanding that those using it will satisfy themselves that their particular conditions of use present no health or safety hazards. Since conditions of product use are outside of our control we make no warranties express or implied in relation thereto and therefore cannot accept any liability in connection with any use of this information. Nothing herein is to be taken as a license to operate under, or a recommendation to infringe any patents.
To maintain efficacy, DuPont™ Tyvek™ air cargo covers must be stored in the original package under dry, normal temperature conditions. DuPont™ Tyvek™ air cargo covers have been designed for one-time or limited use in line with sanitary regulations and pest management best practices. Sufficient pre-cooling and correct temperature management from start of the cool chain is essential for optimal performance. DuPont is not liable for product damage during the use of the cover.
Copyright © 2014 DuPont. All rights reserved. The DuPont Oval Logo, DuPont™, Tyvek™ and Tyvek® are trademarks or registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company or its affiliates.
Technology by blueye® is a registered trademark of Blueye, LLC.